Beet, Avocado and Pink Grapefruit Salad with Sherry Dressing
- 3 medium beets (about 1 lb) tops trimmed
- 3 medium-size pink grapefruits (about 2 ½ lbs)
- 3 tablespoons Sherry wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 5-ounce bags mixed baby greens
- 3 medium avocados, pitted, peeled, cut into ½” pieces
- 1 cup fresh pomegranate seeds (from 2 large pomegranates)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Wrap beets in foil. Roast until beets are tender when pierced with fork, about 1 hour. Cool beets to room temperature (can be prepared 1 day ahead. Refrigerate beets in foil packets.)
- Peel beets. Cut beets into ¾” pieces. Set aside.
- Cut peel and white pith from grapefruits. Working over bowl, cut between membranes to release segments. Drain segments, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Cut segments into ¾” pieces.
Whisk vinegar, mustard and 2 tablespoons reserved grapefruit juice in small bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss greens and ¾ cup dressing in large bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide salad among 10 plates. Scatter beets, grapefruit, avocados and pomegranate seeds over salads, dividing equally.
- Drizzle with remaining dressing.