Chocolate Bomb Truffles
Makes 24 truffles
- 8 oz of semi-sweet baking chocolate (1 package)
- 12 oz of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 oz of milk chocolate chips
- 4 Tablespoons of unsalted sweet butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons of liqueur (select flavor based on options below) Default - Grand Marnier
- (instead of liqueur +/- fruit use Bonny Doon Frambroise or Cassis
Optional: 2 oz of fresh ripe fresh fruit - raspberries, cherries hazel nuts
- 8 oz of milk chocolate chips
- 1 oz of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon of unsalted sweet butter
- If you use optional items they should be pureed.
In a double boiler, melt baking chocolate, chocolate chips. The mixture should be fairly smooth - mix in the butter; mix in whipping cream.
- Mix liqueur and optional items: make sure it is very smooth and has a slightly fluid like consistency.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes, stirring every two minutes or so. The final consistency should allow you to form into 3/4" filling centers (balls).
- Place the centers on a wax paper cookie sheet.
- Freeze the centers for 30-40 minutes.
- About 3 minutes before you would take the centers from the freezer, melt the remaining ingredients in the double boiler.
As soon as it is a nice fluid even mixture, take the double boiler off the heat (this is very important - the idea is to keep it as liquid as possible).
- Quickly coat centers with the coating, place the truffle back on the cookie sheet.
- After coating all of the truffles, refrigerate for 10 minutes or until the coating sets.
- Store truffles in an air tight container.